Wednesday 13 January 2021

Lights in the Night Sky

 



Lights in the night sky.. 

winking at me from afar.

Twinkle.. twinkle little star.

I wonder why your light is dim. 

I used to be so close to him. 

The light and warmth  he gave me then,

I still remember the where and when. 

I can recall the dreams we shared. 

You glow with every wish you heard. 

Twinkle.. twinkle little star. 

Your light exhumes that love in me; 

a love I thought for once had died. 

My weary eyes will only see 

when they are gallantly opened wide. 

But how can I reach for thee,  

If I cannot afford the ride. 

Lights in the night sky.. winking at me 

You keep your place and I I will keep mine.

Twinkle wherever you may be

And I will eternally wait for thee 

 To shine.



Poem by: Noha Haggag

Date: 13 January, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment