Saturday 1 July 2017

In a Wilderness of Heaven




I am standing alone on a cliff over the sea
I am really doing this, that is really me
For once I feel that I can be what I want to be
And all the beauty of the world; my eyes can see.

Here is the Sun in the water, taking a shower
Calm and serene; glorious as ever
I can see the waves hurling after each other
Just like babies move hither and thither.

I can see the birds hovering in a blue sky
Dancing in the air. I heave a sigh
They are free and so am I
Yet, I stand still while they squeal and cry

That was at dawn, now it is noon
And I am still lying down on the cliff all alone
The light of the Sun on my body lies prone
I am like the queen of this great stone

Here goes the sun to her bed
And the sky is coloured almost red
"I must leave now", I have said
But I am staying. That is what I intend.

Here comes the moon with its shiny stars
And the waves still move like crazy cars
I am no longer on Earth, maybe on Mars
I am no longer behind my bars.


Before I jump I throw a glance
there stands the cliff and the waves still dance
Here they come flapping; the dawn's fans
Here I stayed, here I go, here I Bounce

###

By: Noha A. Haggag


- first written circa (1998-2002) and published in Teen Stuff magazine.
- Date modified and published on Pinklane: 2nd July, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment